Sunday, November 16, 2008

World Press Photo

P
Today I crawled out of bed for some social, political and environmental awareness. And boy, did I get some! I am now so aware you could almost say I've got heightened senses. World Press Photo is an annual contest for professional press photography. The photographs in the exhibition depict the most heinous of human circumstances in a chillingly beautiful way. It made me stop in horror and awe at the same time. The contradiction: beauty of composition and lighting versus dismembered bodies and families in utter despair. After taking it all in, it left me with an uncomfortable feeling of doom and gloom. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely worth it. But don't bring small children or women suffering from PMS.

0 comments:

+MORE Antwerp  © Blogger template por Emporium Digital 2008

Voltar para o TOPO