Friday, November 14, 2008

Black Kids @ de melkweg


"You are the girl that I've been dreaming
of ever since I was a little girl"

I never quite understood those lyrics, but when I went to see the Black Kids on Wednesday, everything became clear. Just to get a good look at them I had to elbow my way through herds of 16 year old girls and boys of questionable sexual persuasion. The band consisted of a drummer, a modest looking bass player, a lead singer with outrageous hair and two wonderfully voluptuous female vocals who both played some kind of keyboard. I really liked the lead singers voice, it had a very Robert Smithian quality. The songs were catchy and the performance was full of bubbly energy but the dutch crowd couldn't be budged. Only when they played their last song, people started moving and enjoying themselves. Maybe everybody was trying to be the coolest kid in class and was afraid to dance. Maybe it was just dutch stiffness. I don't know. I just think it's a horrible waste of perfectly fine concert.


0 comments:

+MORE Antwerp  © Blogger template por Emporium Digital 2008

Voltar para o TOPO