Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Kaizers Orchestra and Mintzkov


Yesterday I went to see Kaizers Orchestra. But before they started playing I was pleasantly surprised by your very own Mintzkov! On stage their sound reminded me a little of placebo, but when I listened to the CD it didn't anymore.... strange.... Anyway, I really enjoyed seeing them on stage. It was a very solid performance and although they were an opening act, people really seemed to be warming up to them.


The first time I saw Kaizers was during "de nachten" festival in 2004 and I immediately fell in love with them. They play a kind of very jumpable gypsy, polka rock and their performances are always completely over the top. They're from Norway and all their lyrics are in Norwegian. So I was very surprised to find that all the people around me were singing along with a vengeance. Did they actually know what they were singing? Apparently Kaizers Orchestra has a very solid fan base. Sadly enough, apart from those regulars, there weren't that many people that had come to watch the show. I was happy to see that it didn't diminish the enthusiasm of band or crowd and after about five songs the lead singer suggested that the two should change places. So the whole crowd mounted the stage and the band started playing in the pit. I was sure we'd all fall through the stage! The weight of all the jumping people made the whole stage wobbly, it was so cool! Again, I had such a good time...

LOOK you can download our faveourite MINTZKOV song;

MINTZKOV - Return & Smile

2 comments:

Unknown
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown

It was a cool performance indeed. Also a nice blog and cool pictures :)

+MORE Antwerp  © Blogger template por Emporium Digital 2008

Voltar para o TOPO